File 4 UI
- File a unemloyment claim in the state of Maine or file a weekly claim for those who have already been approved
- The service is operated by the Maine Department of Labor and the best way to file a claim is online
- When contacting the Maine Unemployment Claims Center by phone please note that Mondays are the worse times to call as many callers will face 20-30 minute wait times (the average wait time will drop significantly later in the week)
The File 4 UI service requires the residents to create a Department of Labor Portal account online before they can conduct any online service associated with unemployment benefits. To open a Department of Labor Portal account the user must provide an email address, their social, and their 4 digit PIN number if they have received Unemployment Compensation Benefits from the Department of Labor in the past 18 months (those who are not US Citizens will need their Alien Registration Number and Expiration Date). Those who have already registered for an online portal account should check their email to confirm their account and get started with the File 4 UI weekly claim process. Any questions about the File 4 UI service can be directed to the Department of Labor’s Bureau of Unemployment Compensation at 1-800-593-7660.
File 4 UI Comments
- Easy to use
- Do not use a false email address as the instructions to validate the account will be sent to the email provided
- The Maine Job Bank account is different from the applicants unemployment web portal account (i.e. the Job Bank login will not work on the web portal)
- When calling the Maine Unemployment Claims Center it is best to call late on a Friday afternoon to avoid a bothersome wait time
For returning File 4 UI users that have not accessed the Maine unemployment claims portal since February 4, 2015 will be forced to create a new account. Please make sure the login information is entered correctly as 3 unsuccessful login attempts will result in the File 4 UI users being locked out of the system for 24 hours.