Lynwood Strip Search Settlement
A 53 million dollar class action settlement has been proposed in the case entitled Mary Amador, et al. v. Sheriff Leroy D. Baca, et al.,
You can file a claim at www.lynwoodstripsearch.com.
Please note a claim can be filed online or via US mail and claim forms are due by 6/4/2020.
The case is under review in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
The County of Los Angeles has denied any actions of wrongdoing but has agreed to settle in order to avoid further court costs.
Who should file a claim?
“Anyone who were subjected to a strip search in a group outside of the bus garage while entering or returning from the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department Lynwood Jail between March 5, 2008 and Jan. 31, 2015.”
How much will class members receive?
“No Class Member who files a claim will receive less than $200 (for one search under the least bad conditions). Persons with the highest number of searches – up to 50 – will likely receive thousands of dollars.”
The exact amount of money is not known and will depend on how many people file claims
LynwoodStripSearch.com Contact Information
- Mail: Lynwood Strip Search Settlement c/o JND Legal Administration PO Box 91070 Seattle, WA 98111
- Email: info@LynwoodStripSearch.com
- Phone: 1-855-233-1237
Class Members Lawyers
As we mentioned class members do not need to hire lawyers.
They will be represented by the following firms:
- Barrett S. Litt & Lindsay Battles KAYE McLAN BEDNARSKI & LITT DONALD COOK ATTORNEY AT LAW
- Colleen Flynn LAW OFFICES OF COLLEEN FLYNN
- Cynthia Anderson-Barker LAW OFFICES OF CYNTHIA ANDERSON-BARKER
The City of Los Angeles will be represented by Andrew Baum from the high-end law firm of GLASER WEIL.
Washer Machine Settlement
- You could get up to $400 cash in the Samsung Top-Load Washing Machine Class Action Settlement
- Visit www.washermdlsettlement.com to file a claim
- Pending in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
If you purchased one of more than 30 models of Samsung top loading washing machine you should file a claim.
You can find a list of Samsung Dish Washers named in this lawsuit at www.washermdlsettlement.com/case-documents.
The case is entitled In re: Samsung Top-Load Washing Machine Marketing, Sales Practices and Products Liability Litigation, MDL and is listed as case number 5:17-ml-2792-D.
www.washermdlsettlement.com Contact Information
- Phone: 1-855-256-2208
- Email: info@WasherMDLSettlement.com
- Mail: In re: Samsung Top-Load Washing Machine Marketing, Sales Practices, and Products Liability Litigation c/o KCC Class Action Services P.O. Box 505029 Louisville, KY 40233-5029
Samsung Top-Load Washing Machine Class Action Settlement Dates
- 08/22/2019: Settlement Fairness Hearing
- 08/06/2019: Claim Form Deadline
- 06/07/2019: Objection Deadline
Class members who elect to mail the claim form should send it to “Samsung Top-Load Washing Machine Marketing, Sales Practices, and Products Liability Litigation c/o KCC Class Action Services P.O. Box 505029 Louisville, KY 40233-5029”.
Class members who file timely claims could receive a full refund and up to $400 in reimbursements.
Samsung Washing Machine Settlement Class Members will be represented by William B. Federman from FEDERMAN & SHERWOOD and Jason L. Lichtman from the law firm of LIEFF CABRASER HEIMANN & BERNSTEIN LLP.
Samsung has hired Philip M. Oliss from the law firm of SQUIRE PATTON BOGGS (US) LLP.
Class Counsel will be awarded no more than a total of $6,550,000.00 for all attorneys’ fees, costs, interest and expenses.
Washer Machine Class Action Settlement URL
UCLA Health Cyber Settlement
A $7.5 million class action settlement has been reached, resolving the class action lawsuit entitled Adlouni v. UCLA Health System Auxiliary, et al., Case No. BC589243.
The case is under review in the Superior Court of the State of California, County of Los Angeles.
Please visit www.uclahealthcybersettlement.com to file a claim.
Class members claim that UCLA Health Systems failed to adequately protect information it obtained from patients, allowing hackers to access sensitive and personal information.
UCLA denies any wrongdoing in the case but has agreed to a mind-blowing 7.5 million dollar settlement.
UCLAHealthCyberSettlement.com Claim Dates
- 06/18/2019 for reimbursement claims
- 09/16/2019 for identity theft protection services
- 06/18/2021 for unreimbursed loss claims
UCLA Health Cyber Settlement Contact Information
- Mail: UCLA Health System Claims Administrator – Epiq P.O. Box 3058 Portland, OR 97208-3058
- Phone: 1-888-262-4479
- Fax: Not found
- Email: Not found
Class members will be represented by WESTERMAN LAW CORP.
Westerman Law Corp is based at 1900 Avenue of the Stars 11th Floor Los Angeles, CA 90067 and can be reached by phone at 310-698-7450.
UCLA Health Systems has hired CROWELL & MORING LLP.
What will class members receive?
- Two years of identity theft protection through ID Experts
- Up to $5,000 for costs incurred preventing identity theft or fraud
- Up to $20,000 for losses or damage caused by identity theft or fraud
UCLA Health System Auxiliary, et al. class members will have to provide the Claim ID number for identity theft protection claims.
Check out www.comfortaccesssettlement.com now if you are a current and former owner of a 2007 to 2013 model year BMW X5 vehicles with the Comfort Access System.
UCLAHealthCyberSettlement.com Claim Form Download
A settlement has been reached in the class action lawsuit entitled Michael Kelly v. Business Information Group Inc.
- A $3.3 million settlement has been reached
- Class Members who would like to opt out of or object to the Business Information Group settlement must do so no later than Oct. 9, 2018
- BIG will be represented by Rod M. Fliegel and William J. Simmons from the law firm of LITTLER MENDELSON PC
- The settlement fairness hearing will take place on or around 11/1/18 to discuss if the 3.3 million dollar settlement is fair (should it be more? is it too much?)
Injunctive Relief Class: Includes U.S. residents who were subject to at least one BIG consumer report sourced from TransUnion from Dec. 17, 2010 to June 28, 2018 and whose report contained a public record. There are approximately 276,000 members of this Class.
Rule 23(b)(2) Subgroup Class: Includes all Injunctive Relief Class Members who were subject to at least one BIG consumer report dated Dec. 17, 2013 to June 27, 2016, where the consumer report contained a public record (other than a bankruptcy) sourced from TransUnion, and where BIG’s records don’t reflect that the Class Member filed a dispute with BIG about the report. There are about 88,041 members of this Class.
Automatic Payment Class: Includes U.S. residents who were subject to at least one BIG consumer report dated Dec. 17, 2013 to June 27, 2016, where the consumer report contained a public record sourced from TransUnion and where BIG’s records show that the Class Member filed a dispute with BIG about the report. There are approximately 865 members of this Class.
Class members looking to reach out by mail can write to: Kelly v. BIG Settlement c/o American Legal Claim Services LLC P.O. Box 23678 Jacksonville, FL 32241-3678. Class members who have an Obama phone can dial toll free 800-687-0139.
Proof of purchase is not required in order to file a claim (no documentation is required to file a claim for the BIG class action settlement).
Other Class Action Lawsuits
Papa Murphy’s TCPA Settlement
- Obtain more information about the class action lawsuit entitled John Lennartson, et al. v. Papa Murphy’s Holdings Inc., et al.,
- www.papamurphystcpasettlement.com is pending review in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington at Tacoma
- The case is listed as case number 3:15-cv-05307-RBL
The Papa Murphy’s TCPA Class Action Settlement was filed in 2015 by John Lennartson after he received a bothersome text message from Papa Murphy’s stating “Papa Murphy’s: Today only 4/6/15. A Big Deal for the Big Game! Get a $10 Lg 5-Meat Stuffed Pizza. Valid @ participating Stores. Msg & Data Rates May Apply. STOP to end”.
Papa Murphy’s TCPA Settlement Talking Points
- Plaintiff John Lennartson states the message violated the TCPA because Papa Murphy’s did not obtain his consent prior to sending the text
- Class members MUST file their claim by 8/14/18 in order to receive $10 or the $10 voucher
- The $10 voucher can only be used at Papa Murphy’s (not Pizza Hut or Papa John’s)
- The settlement fairness hearing will take place on 9/28/2018 at 130pm
- The hearing will take place at U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington at Tacoma
- Class members do not have to hire their own lawyer as they have already been assigned one (Mark A. Griffin Karin B. Swope KELLER ROHRBACK LLP AND June P. Hoidal Behdad C. Sadeghi ZIMMERMAN REED LLP.)
In order to file a claim and receive a slice of the settlement pie please visit www.papamurphystcpasettlement.com/LoginClaim.aspx. Please note when filing a claim online the class member must have the Class Member Identification # and the Class Member Passcode.
- Claims Deadline: August 14, 2018
- Opt Out Deadline: August 14, 2018
- Objection Deadline: August 14, 2018
Any questions about PapaMurphysTCPASettlement.com can be directed to toll free 888-563-1256 or email PapaMurphysTCPASettlement@cptgroup.com. All claim forms can be mailed to Lennartson, et al. v. Papa Murphy’s Holdings Inc., et al. c/o CPT Group 50 Corporate Park Irvine, CA 92606.