If you had a flight with American Airlines canceled you will want to apply for a refund and get your money back bruh.
Simply visit www.prefunds.aa.com/refunds and follow the on-screen instructions to claim your cash!
Please note the refund is not guaranteed and you must provide proof that you paid for a ticket.
American Airlines Refund Coronavirus UPDATE: Fees associated with certain travel dates have been waived…
- Bought your ticket before April 7, 2020, for travel through September 30, 2020, you can rebook without change fees
- Buy a new trip March 1 – May 31, 2020, for all future travel, you can also change it a later date without change fees
Prefunds AA Refunds
- Travelers can request a refund for an American Airlines paper ticket by using the AA Refunds web site
- Refund requests for a paper ticket from American Airlines do have to be submitted individually for each ticket
- Customers can also check the status of a paper ticket refund request by logging on and entering their document number
To start the process of getting an American Airlines paper ticket refunded, customers just need to enter the document number and passenger last name on the AA refunds web site.
Once entered, the web site will look up refund eligibility and what options are available.
Actually mailing a form in is required to get an American Airlines paper ticket refunded, but this web site lets customers know what can happen before mailing documents in.
For a paper ticket refund with American Airlines, travelers have to cancel the reservation in question (find the “My Reservations” section on the American Airlines web site to do this).
How do I get a receipt from American Airlines?
If you need your receipt to apply for the refund please have the 13-digit ticket number and the passenger last names.
American Airlines ticket?
A paper ticket from American Airlines is used when the flight coupons are purchased instead of an e-ticket (meaning the actual pieces of paper that have flight information and are called flight coupons).
Paper tickets from American Airlines are generally used when someone purchases a ticket in person for someone else departing from another city.
American Airlines paper tickets (AA Careers) are useful if a flight is canceled due to a mechanical or airline related problem.
AA Refund Reviews
“The refund system associated with American Airlines was super easy and my refund came super quick… BRAVO AA!” – Kelly K. Miami Beach, FL
“The application process was easy enough but the refund took FOREVER to receive to my home mailing address although my mail-man isn’t the brightest” – Dale K. Scottsdale AZ
“We had to wait only a week in order to receive our refund and American Airlines even called us to explain how sorry they were about the issue… CHEERS!” – Pete K. Boston, MA
American Airlines Contact
Please note if you decide not to travel on your original itinerary, bag charges are non-refundable.
- American Airlines Attn: Paper Ticket Passenger Refunds, 4000 East Sky Harbor Boulevard, Phoenix, Arizona, 85034
- Phone: 1-800-882-8880
- American Airlines refund phone number: 1-800-892-3447
- American Airlines Refund Pending Review FAQ