- Obtain information in Tomaine v. Nationwide class action lawsuit
- The case revolves around antitheft devices featured in class members autos
- The lawsuit will be heard in the District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- A total settlement fund on nearly $5 million US dollars is being established by Nationwide Insurance
- It should be told that Nationwide denies any actions of wrong doing
Class members of the Tomaine Settlement contend that Nationwide Insurance failed to provide certain customers with a antitheft device discount in their cars. Class members contend that this failure to notify customers of the potential discount violated Pennsylvania state law. Class members who elect to stay a part of the Tomaine Settlement will be automatically represented by the law firms of SCHNADER HARRISON SEGAL & LEWIS LLP AND CAPUTO & MARIOTTI PC and will be bound to any settlement agreement that takes place and forfeits the right to file another lawsuit in regards to the Nationwide Insurance antitheft device discount.
Tomain Settlement Quick Notes
- Class members are required to file an Address Verification Form in order to receive any type of settlement
- Class members can expect to receive up to but no more than 6 percent of the amount paid for comprehensive insurance premium
- All address verification forms must be sent no later than Sept. 30, 2015
- A settlement fairness hearing will take place on 9/9/15
- Nationwide will be represented by the law firm of SEYFARTH SHAW LLP
How are the class members defined in the case? You are a class member if: “(a) had a policy of automobile insurance that included comprehensive insurance coverage; (b) whose insured vehicle(s), according to Nationwide’s VIN Database, had a passive antitheft device installed as manufacturer’s standard equipment; and (c) did not receive a 10% discount on the comprehensive portion of the paid premium.” – tomainesettlement.com
Contact the Tomaine Settlement Administrator?
- by mail: Settlement Administrator, PO Box 2838 Portland, OR 97208-2838
- by phone: 1-877-208-9775