Norcold Class Action
- Obtain more details about the class action lawsuit entitled Etter, et. al. v. Norcold Inc., which is pending in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- This is case number 8:13-CV-0081-JLS-RNB
- Class members will have until 8/26/16 to file a claim
The Norcold Class Action Lawsuit revolves around claims that Norcold Inc. refrigerators contain a safety-related defect that may have caused boiler tubes to corrode and leak flammable gas which could increase the risk of a fire. Norcold denies all actions of wrong doing in the case but have agreed to a 36 million dollar settlement pot. Please note anyone who suffered personal injury or death due to the Norcold Inc. refrigerators are not covered under the terms of this settlement.
Norcold Class Action Comments
- Class members contend that Norcold Inc breached state consumer protection laws as well as breach of express and implied warranties
- A full list can be found here of Norcold Class Action refrigerators covered under the terms of this lawsuit
- All objections to the settlement must be filed by Aug. 26, 2016
Who should file a claim in the Norcold Class Action lawsuit?
Anyone who lived in the United States and purchased a Norcold 1200 Series gas absorption refrigerator or cooling unit between the dates of Jan. 1, 2002 through Oct. 1, 2012 (PLUS all individuals who currently own a Norcold N6 Series gas absorption refrigerator or cooling unit, or a Norcold N8 Series gas absorption refrigerator or cooling unit, that was manufactured between Jan. 1, 2009, and Dec. 31, 2013 are also eligible to file a claim).
Any questions about the Norcold Class Action Lawsuit can be directed to 866-406-8774. All claim forms can be submitted online or via US mail… please mail them to Norcold Refrigerator Claims Administrator P.O. Box 43308 Providence, RI 02940-3308. Class members will not have to hire a lawyer in the case as the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California approved Hart L. Robinovitch to represent all class members.