NJ Consumer Affairs Renew
- The New Jersey Consumer Affairs web site gives residents the opportunity to renew a number of business licenses easily online, from barber to cosmetologist to manicurist and more
- Residents can also check the status of a New Jersey professional license application by logging in to the NJCA web site
- Applying for a New Jersey professional license online doesn’t have any additional fees, and costs the same as applying in person or through the mail
To renew a business license in New Jersey online, residents must first select the category of their license (like beautician, skin care, or teacher). People with a Social worker, CDS Advanced Practice Nurse and CDS Optometrist license can also renew their license online in New Jersey. For some practices (like massage therapist, pharmacy tech, or Heating,Ventilating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractors), New Jersey allows people to appl for a new license completely online.
How to verify a business or professional license in New Jersey
The New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs License Verification System is a real-time system that lets people look up a professional license to see if it’s valid. Keep in mind that some New Jersey professional licenses are issued in the name of the business instead of the name of the individual, so they might now show up just searching someone’s name. Residents can use the New Jersey Business Search option to find the license of a contractor they’re using.
- Info found on the NJDCALVS site is updated as soon as new information is available
- To contact the New Jersey Department of Consumer Affairs RJ Hughes Justice Complex, 25 Market Street, Box 080 Trenton, NJ 08625-0080 OR 1-888-656-6225