Hoyt FCRA Settlement
- Obtain more information about the class action lawsuit entitled Watkins, et al. v. HireRight Inc., which is case number 3:13cv1432-BAS-BLM
- Class members are required to file a claim by Aug. 9, 2016 in order to receive any type of benefit that may arise due to the terms of the settlement
- The case is under review in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
The Hoyt FCRA Settlement revolves around claims that HireRight “routinely and systematically” included information on background checks that hurt the applicants eligibility for employment without providing a “full” copy to the consumer which is in violation of federal law or so the class members claim.
There will be a total of 3 different class groups associated with the HireRight FCRA Class Action Lawsuit:
- Two Year Claims – “All individuals in the Settlement Class for whom HireRight’s records indicate that the request was made on or after May 23, 2011 and for whom HireRight’s records do not indicate the scope of the request”
- Two Year Available Request Claims – “All individuals in the Settlement Class for whom HireRight’s records indicate that the request was made on or after May 23, 2011 and that the request was for ‘all reports,’ ‘full file,’ or ‘the last 3 years’”
- Five Year Claims – “All individuals in the Settlement Class for whom HireRight’s records indicate that the request was made between May 23, 2008 and May 23, 2011”
Class members who file timely claims may receive up to $200 in a settlement payment (please note that this is the max amount and the settlement payment could be lower depending on how many people file claims in the lawsuit). A settlement fairness hearing will take place on or around 9/19/16 and all class members who file claims will be represented by Nichols “the surgeon” Kaster. HireRight has hired Jennifer L. Mora and William J. Simmons to represent their interest.