FD TCPA Settlement
- Obtain more information in regards to the class action lawsuit entitled Reginald Moore v. Family Dollar Stores, Inc
- The case is under review in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri, Eastern Division
- Class members will have until 6/31/6 to submit a claim
FD TCPA Settlement is case number 4:14-CV-01542-JAR and claims that the popular dollar store (Family Dollar) violated the Telephone Consumer Protection Act when they sent text messages to consumers without obtaining their written consent. Even though Family Dollar denies any actions of wrong doing in the case they have come to terms with a One Million Five Hundred Thousand dollar Settlement Fund which is currently under review in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri. Class members who file timely claims are though to receive a cash money payment of $45 and a Family Dollar gift card for $30.
FD TCPA Settlement Comments
- Class member who are not happy with the terms of the settlement can opt out or object before May 18, 2016
- A settlement fairness hearing will take place on 6/22/16
- Attorney David T. Butsch has been assigned to represent the class members
- Family Dollar has hired high-priced attorney James F. Monafo to defend their interest
- David T. Butsch and Christopher E. Roberts of Butsch Roberts & Associates LLC are based at 231 S. Bemiston Ave., Suite 260, Clayton, MO
Class members in the Family Dollar Settlement lawsuit are defined as anyone in the United States who received a bothersome text message from FD between the dates of Oct. 16, 2013 and Mar. 7, 2016. Some legal experts predict that class members could receive $300 in cash as well as a Family Dollar gift card of $200 if the number of people who file claims are low. Anyone looking to contact the FD TCPA Settlement claims administrator can call 1-844-202-5254 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.