Chase QP Login
- Sign up or access the popular quick pay service from Chase online
- This state of the art technology allows a customer to send money to another person without the need for bothersome cash or checks
- All that is required in order to send money is the recipient’s email address or mobile number
Chase QP Login service currently work with Chase, Bank of America, Capital One, FirstBank, U.S. Bank, Wells Fargo or other participating banks of clearXchange. Those who alreayd have a Chase QP Login account can simply access the service with their username and password (those who are new to quick pay will have to go through a short registration process). Users do NOT have to be a Chase card customer in order to use the QP service as they can simply create a Chase online profile in order to send money.
Exactly how does the Chase QP system work? (aka the nuts and bolts behind the scenes)
A Chase QuickPay payment involves two people—a sender and a recipient
- The sender sends money using an email address (or mobile phone number)
- The recipient receives a message of the “payment waiting”
- The recipient signs up (if new to Chase QuickPay) or logs onto chase.com
- The recipient accepts and receives the payment
How long does it take to receive money using the Chase QP service? Transfers between Chase checking accounts (i.e. both the sender and receiver have Chase accounts), Chase Liquid and select participating clearXchange banks (mentioned above… BOA, Capital One, etc) are typically available within minutes but no later than the next business day. All other transfers can take up to 2 business days. Any questions or concerns in regards to the Chase QP Login service can be directed to a US Based customer service agent at 1-877-242-7372.