- By using the American Airlines refund web site, customers can request a refund for an American Airlines tickets, seats, fees and more
- Refunds can be requested for an American Airlines AA Advantage Rewards ticket, but passengers will need to contact an AA Reservations specialist to have their miles reinstated
- To get started requesting a refund or to check the status of an AA refund, passengers will need to enter their document number and the passenger last name
For tickets purchased through American Airlines, a refund can be requested for baggage fees, pet fees, Priority Preferred seats, Main Cabin Extra seats, a same day flight change, or for the ticket of a sick or deceased passenger. As part of the refund process for American Airlines, customers may be asked to cancel a ticket (this can be done on their web site, AA.com).
Refund requests for American Airlines tickets can be submitted online, but customers will still be required to mail in their original paper coupons to American Airlines for a American Airlines paper ticket refund request to be processed.
To get a refund or a receipt from an American Airlines in flight purchase
Travelers can even use this site to request a refund for an American Airlines in flight purchase. A receipt will be needed to request a refund, and a receipt for an American Airlines in flight purchase can be obtained by entering the last name of the traveler, the last 4 digits of the credit card use for the purchase, and the date range of purchases made.
- A refund can be requested for an entertainment item or a snack or drink, or for AA in flight Wi-Fi
- Separate requests must be submitted for every refund of an American Airlines in flight purchase being requested
- To contact American Airlines about a passenger refund: American Airlines, Attention: Passenger Refunds, 4000 E. Sky Harbor Blvd., Phoenix, AZ 85034