Rapid Rewards Shopping Southwest
- Using Rapids Rewards Shopping is the easiest way to earn Southwest Airline reward points
- To earn Southwest Rapid Rewards Shopping points, customers just need to log in to the online portal with their account number, select the retailer or product they’re looking for, and shop as they normally would
- Taxes and shipping do not count towards Rapid Rewards Shopping points, but there is no limit to the number of points that can be earned over time
Rapid Rewards Shopping Southwest Customers will need to login to the Southwest rewards portal every time they shop online, and will need to have cookies enabled on their computer to make sure their reward are earned. Southwest Rapids Rewards points are generally credited to the user’s account 6 to 8 weeks after the purchase date. Members who are shopping with AdBlock may have some trouble getting points credited to their account, so it’s recommended to disable those applications before shopping.
Rapid Rewards Shopping Southwest Comments
- If a purchase is returned or exchanged, the points for that purchase will be removes from the purchaser’s Southwest rewards account
- Popular for consumers seeking gift card
What Are Southwest Rewards Points?
Most airlines have a frequent flyer program where customers can earn points to redeem for free airfare, hotels, and more. With Southwest, that program is called Rapid Rewards. Customers can earn rewards points for free Southwest trips by taking flights, shopping at certain restaurants, booking with certain rental car companies and more.
More About Southwest Airlines
- Has their headquarters in Dallas, Texas (the Lone Star state)
- Began on March 15, 1967, when Rollin King and Herb Kelleher started the Air Southwest Company to fly within the state of Texas
- Has a fleet of more than 700 planes with flights to just under 100 destinations in 40 states and Puerto Rico
To contact Rapid Rewards Shopping Southwest?
- Use the contact form on their website, where any submitted questions will be sent straight to Southewest’s rewards team