HUI Claims Hawaii
- File an appeal or unemployment claim in the state of Hawaii online
- Please note that once per month System Maintenance is scheduled from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. HST
- The service is operated by the state of Hawaii and paid for by the tax payers
The HUI Claims Hawaii service is easy to use and online submissions can be made during the following times: Monday through Friday 6:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. HST or Weekends and Holidays 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. HST (online appeal submissions are not required but are the simplest way to file an appeal). Unemployment insurance is a program administered by the Unemployment Insurance Division of the State Department of Labor and Industrial Relations in Hawaii and applicants should be totally unemployed or working less than normal hours and earning less than normal pay. Any questions in regards to the HUI Claims process can be directed to (808) 586-8960 or those looking to fax important HUI Claim related document can send it to: (808) 586-8980. Applicants MUST file a continued claim for each week that they wish to receive benefits and the continued claim must be filed on time (within 7 days after the period being claimed, or within 14 days with good cause for late filing).
Who will not get paid via the HUI Claim process?
- Those who have voluntarily quit a job without good cause
- Those who have lied or cheated in order to collect benefits
- Those who were fired due to misconduct that was work related
- Those who are unemployed because of a work stoppage at their establishment due to a labor dispute
Those who do file for Unemployment Insurance in the state of Hawaii are required to sign up and register for work with the State Workforce Development Division within 7 days of making an application. To register for work applicants will have to upload their resume online at www.hirenethawaii.com.