Bank Of America MD UI Debit Card
- With the Maryland UI benefit card, unemployment benefits are loaded directly to a debit card, so there’s no need for a bank account
- A MDUI card can be used anywhere Visa is accepted, and can be used to make purchases in stores, online, over the phone, and through the mail
- When residents are first authorized Maryland unemployment benefits, their debit card will arrive in the mail within 7 to 10 days
Maryland residents drawing unemployment benefits how have the option to have their payments loaded directly to a debit card, which means there is no more check cashing fees or other hassles associated with receiving unemployment funds. There are no fees associated with traditional purchases on a MDUI card. The only time a fee is assessed is $1.50 for an ATM withdrawal.
Funds from a Maryland Unemployment debit card can be transferred to a bank account, but additional funds can not be deposited to this card. Only the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is able to place funds on it.
Bank Of America MD UI Debit Card Comments
If a resident loses their Maryland UI debit card or it is stolen, they need to call 1-855-847-2029 immediately to have the card frozen. Cardholders are not liable for any fraudulent charges on the account.
What residents need to know about Maryland Unemployment:
Residents who become unemployed in the state of Maryland need to file a claim as quickly as possible, because their benefits start the week they are without work.
- Will need to know the address, phone number and separation reason for every single employer in the 18 months before applying
- The Maryland unemployment benefit ranges from a minimum of $25 weekly to a maximum of $430 every week
- Maryland calculates unemployment benefits by considering the first four of the last five calendar quarters worked
To contact a representative about the Maryland Unemployment Debit Card Program: